My So-Called Life

Monday, August 09, 2004

Bored at work

Is there such a thing as a "normal" dating life? If there is (and even if there's not), I want one.

I want to meet a nice boy, get asked out on a date, worry about what to wear, go to a nice restaurant, worry about what to order, eat a nice meal and have nice conversation, worry if there's something in my teeth, go to a movie and then get dropped off. Afterward, I want to wait the agonizing but mandatory 2 or 3 days until he calls and asks me out again.

I read about things like this happening all the time in books, but my dating life does not work that way. I had a list of all the guy scenarios here that I am undergoing at the moment, but then was afraid that someone might recognize himself and get offended. So, if you want to see the full list, send an e-mail or IM my way, and I will get it to you.

Regardless, there is no attraction-dating-breaking up business in my life. (Well, not anymore, and even when there was something resembling that, it didn't really work that way).

Why is everything in my dating life either an intellectual decision or an emotional gamble? Is this how it works for everyone?

One of my old friends told me the other day that I get fallen in love with on an "above average basis." Why is that? Why me? And what good does it do me? Besides the fact that I am about to be single for a year, I wouldn't know what to do with a serious relationship right now if it bit me on the butt (and knowing serious relationships, that's probably what it would do).

Should I just be grateful that there is at least some sort of action in my "love life" even though I am happy being single? What would my life be like if there was no boy-drama? Would I be bored, or satisfied?

I have a feeling that we'll never know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tarkola'an Bey said...

Hmmm....if you ever get back to reading these, you'll see this comment. Never knew this was an issue in your life. I guess I figure I'd have heard about it by now. Don't worry, you're not the only one who has these questions.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home