My So-Called Life

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Post-Its from the edge

I am a great collector of Post-It Notes. My college roommates can tell you this (although I, having no desk space, had to resort to colored note cards because I could stick them in my keyboard).

I used the colored notecards as reminders: "Call Sarah" or "Matt's bday on Thursday" or "Girls' Night Out on Friday"(although for the majority of my college career I had no use for that last one as EVERY Friday was GNO). Now, however, I have taken to sticking post-it notes on my dresser (when there is space) and my mirror.

I wonder what a stranger would think if he or she entered my room and saw one or two of said notes. The notes I currently have hanging around say "wrapping paper" and "Beethoven's 9th Symphony." I just threw away one that said, "8 a.m.: Call Mickey." The one I keep forgetting to read says "REGISTER 4 INS!"

In a way, these notes keep me reminded of things I should do: that I need to wrap a box for work (don't ask), that I want to listen to Beethoven's 9th Symphony because I never have before and I think I should, that Mickey asked me to wake him up last week when we worked the health fair together, that unless I register for Mission Year's insurance ASAP I will possibly be without it, sad and sick for a year.

But what if I left more "meaningful" Post-Its around? Post-Its that said, "Don't yell at slow driver this morning." Or "Remember: Mother just trying to adjust to thought of you living in ghetto." Or "Cutting your hair=no big deal. Giving it to somebody who needs it=more important." Or "Fear Not."

And what if I actually saw those notes and remembered to look at them? Would it make a difference?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home