My So-Called Life

Friday, October 15, 2004

Always a bridesmaid, lol

So I got the cutest card from one of my old college roommates today. (One of the two I lived with longest.) The return address includes her new last name, which has been different since May.

The other "old college roommate" sent me an email today asking me to look over her wedding plans. (She's getting married in January.)

It's just weird to think that they are both practically "Mrs.-es," and I am so far from anything remotely related to that. I guess I feel a little left out.

But it's an interesting dichotomy, because I really don't want to even think about a boyfriend or a husband. (Crap, I have enough roommates without thinking about getting one permanently.) Luckily, now I understand that boys are off-limits for the year, and it's kind of freeing, in a way.

I still have this weird feeling–and I haven't admitted this to anyone else yet–but I feel like Mission Year is almost preparing me to get married, somehow, helping me to be more vulnerable with people and ready to love and be loved. One thing people keep saying to us is that Mission Year is set up to make us all bump up against each other until our rough edges end up much smoother. I think that's true already.

And don't hold me to that "prepared to get married" comment–I just wanted you to know how I'm feeling, lol.

Blessings!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...more vulnerable with people and ready to love and be loved." You ol' softy, you. You're the 'badass' with a heart of gold.

Joey

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home