My So-Called Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Response to Sarah P:

The reason you have not seen a bitter Valentine's Day post is because there will not be one. At least not this year, anyway.

Why, you might ask? Because I am not bitter about Valentine’s Day. I mean, it doesn’t even really feel like Valentine’s Day. And I don’t wish I had a boyfriend, because I’m more focused on making friends right now; I have the rest of my life to get romantically involved. But most importantly. . .because I plan on eating LOTS of chocolate tonight.

I’ve invited some girls from my college social club (like a sorority) over to my apartment for a chocolate buffet, which I am preparing myself. I am SO EXCITED! I have been baking all weekend and have a little more to do tonight. I have decorated my apartment with candy, roses, candles and lollipop hearts. I’m going to light a fire and turn on the Charlie Brown Valentine special. And we are going to eat chocolate. Here’s a sample of what we’ll be dining on:
1) Candy Bar Chocolate Brownies
2) Paula Deen's Chocolate Bundles w/Chocolate Ganache
3) Brown Sugar Pecan Sticky Bars (they were a big hit over the holidays) with chocolate piping on top
4) Marbled Chocolate Meringues
5) No-Bake Cookies shaped like hearts
6) Fruit & Chocolate Fondue (with marshmallows, strawberries, pound cake & twinkies for dipping)

I've drug out some cool glassware and will have lots of milk (and Dr. Pepper, of course) on hand. This is going to be top-notch, people. Who has time to worry about boys with a menu like that in their future?

Eat your heart out, Martha Stewart!

5 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

Thank you so much for hosting this AMAZING evening! Not only do you have a super cute place, but you cook super cute (and YUMMY) food in your cute place!

Thanks again for everything! I'm so glad I got to see you again! You make me smile, A. Lo!

AND...I have a GREAT picture of you butt now! ;)

9:10 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

so how was it?

6:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah P said...

I'm sorry, there were butt pictures? I may disown both of you now.
You should have a college get-together that invites married people too - you know, we're people too! We have chocolate needs! I miss you guys!
And I'm very proud of the lack of bitterness. But the true test is: Did you wear black like you used to when we were in college?

6:47 AM  
Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

Sarah P....you can see the pics they are on my pic link on my profile of my AIM name. Butt pic included! ;)

1:38 PM  
Blogger A. Lo said...

Matthew- I think feedingyourmind said it best--it was yummy and there were butt pictures taken. I consider that a productive party. Also, I told your Mom that I would "cater" if she wanted to have a house-warming party. (Although I hope there will be no butt-pictures taken there.)

D Love- Your comments have been noted. I will keep them in mind for when I am concentrating on "man-catching." Although I have to say that the real test will not be whether or not I cook for him, but whether or not I allow him into my kitchen. I'm pretty protective of it.

Sarah P- As far as the "black" issue goes, I'll let you be the judge. I wore a black skirt and black camisole with a green shrug (the top half of my work outfit can be seen on Kim's yahoo pics, because I wore it that night as well). I had worn the exact same outfit before, on non-V-day, so I'll let you decide. I don't really think it counts.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home