My So-Called Life

Monday, February 19, 2007

What do you think about this?

"If the time comes when despair sees violence as the only possible way, it is because Christians were not what they should have been. If violence is unleashed anywhere at all, the Christians are always to blame. This is the criterion, as it were, of the confession of sin. Always, it is because Christians have not been concerned for the poor, have not defended the cause of the poor before the powerful, have not unswervingly fought the fight for justice, that violence breaks out." ~Jacques Ellul

I'm torn--I think it's true that some people will fight no matter what Christians or any other people do. And yet I also believe that if Christians got together to fight for justice, the world would be a different place. Perhaps a better place.

Does that mean you can blame me for war?

(Regardless, it's not going to stop me from blaming George Bush, that's for sure. . .)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home