My So-Called Life

Monday, April 02, 2007

Sicko

I think I’m really starting to understand the positives and negatives about marriage.

If you’re married, then there’s someone to take care of your commitments for small group so you can keep napping on the couch in short, 30-minute increments between coughing spells. There is also someone around who will go to the store to buy you cough drops and fudgesicles so you don’t have to do it yourself.

On the other hand, there’s also someone around to wake up when you get out of bed every hour to get a drink or engage in some more coughing or to watch you drool all over your pillow. And there’s also someone around to make fun of how your voice suddenly sounds a whole lot like Darth Vader’s. (Luuuuuuke. . .)

4 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

Let me know if I can go to the store for you! I live close!

And we don't even have to get married! ;)

Hope you get feeling better soon!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah P said...

yuck! No fun being sick.

Marriage comes in handy during sick spells. God made a good call on that one. Love marriage. Are you coming around on the idea?

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

2:35 PM  
Blogger jocelyn said...

You've pretty much nailed it. I'm impressed.

It is NOT fun being sick and married when both of you are sick at the same time. "Get off the toilet. I have to puke!" That kind of stuff. And when neither of you is well enough to go to the store...well, then someone just ends up passing out in the parking lot (true story, and it wasn't me who passed out). And don't even get me started on infecting and reinfecting each other in an endless cycle of sickness. Lysol is the glue that sometimes holds my marriage together. That's something they don't tell you in premarital counseling.

Sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better. Do you live in Dallas? We should hang out.

12:34 PM  
Blogger A. Lo said...

Let me know if I can go to the store for you! I live close!

Awww, thanks--I appreciate it a whole bunch! But I have to admit that asking for help is really not my best thing. In fact, it's one of my worst. I will definitely keep that in mind, though!

Love marriage. Are you coming around on the idea?

I have never been anti-marriage. I have been anti-boy at times, but never anti-marriage. I am, however, anti- a lot of other things. Like the idea that people have to be married to be happy. Or that single people are stuck in some sort of purgatory until they get married. Or that I should "settle" so I can get married. Yup, I'm definitely anti- all of those things.

We should hang out.

I wholeheartedly agree! I've always thought we should be REAL friends. Let's do it!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home