My So-Called Life

Monday, February 19, 2007

And bring on the chocolate!

I'm giving up sweets for Lent, which begins this Wednesday, which is Ash Wednesday. (I know that because I'm an honorary Catholic now.)

I've never given anything up for Lent, but I needed an excuse to give up sweets for a while because I have an unhealthy attachment to them, and the last time I went to the doctor she preached me a sermon about how our metabolism slows as we get older and refined sugar goes right to your waist and blah, blah, blah.

And it seems like a good spiritual discipline. (Plus, the spiritual discipline of fasting just makes me cranky.)

Are you giving up anything for Lent? Why or why not?

3 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

Yep...

...attending Catholic Mass.

[Don't tell Misty]

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am thinking of giving up saying unkind things about other people for Lent. Hope I can do it. How did you become an honorary Catholic?

2:37 PM  
Blogger A. Lo said...

Feedingyourmind--
LOL! I promise I won't tell Misty, but that reminds me that we should all hang out some time.

Sandy--
Well, well well! Welcome to the blog.

I made myself an honorary Catholic. I figure if I have to learn to talk like one and write like one and think like one and even attend mass and the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, then I should at least get some sort of credit for it--another stamp on my God card, as it were.

Linda says that for the past three years she has given up buying things she doesn't absolutely need, which I'm considering throwing into the mix as well. Could be interesting!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home