My So-Called Life

Thursday, August 19, 2004

New Haircut: The simple facts. (I promise it's interesting; there's a part about flipping people off in there--just read it)

Okay, a few comments on the new 'do, just FYI.

First of all, some people have told me it makes me look older, which must be true, because now I'm getting stared at by middle-aged men instead of getting hit on by 14 year-old boys. Which is worse? I'll have to let ya know.

Second, I suppose I should give you my perspective on the haircut: I like it! (Deep, aren't I?) It's the complete opposite of the hairstyle I have cultivated for the last 2 and a half years, and I feel like it's more. . .me; like it was just lying there under all that high-maintenance hair, waiting to be let out.

Third, I think the reason I was so nervous about getting my hair cut was that I was worried that no guys would be attracted to me if I had short hair. (Shallow? Perhaps.) However, I am less worried about that now. As proof, though, let me say that most of the men I know liked the long hair better. I have to tell them I cut it off for a good cause for them to be okay with it. Regardless, I think of this as something Lindsay-esque. This haircut, for all intents and purposes, is just one more way for me to lovingly give the finger to all the guys who were attracted to the long, high-maintenance mess.

I'm moving on to something more carefree, a little bit poofier and much more funky, and everyone can just deal with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/23/2004, 2:48PM

Hi,

I am a friend of a friend of a friend. Maybe I will date you. But first - Here is my opinion of you after reading just a few snippets and seeing your before and after pictures:

1.) You have a great sense of humor - on paper. I have known clever emailers, but this fact didn't keep them from being boring in person. But being clever on paper...or should I say, on electrons...is a start. ARe you funny and fun in person too?

2.) You were gorgeous in your before picture.

3.) In the after picture...I think your hair should be straight...all that texture doesn't fit your face - too many shadows and dark spots in the new "do." The old do had lots of light, and streaming beautiful color to frame your face. You might gain back some of what you lost by wearing your new hair straight and shiny.

4.) I think I will read the rest of your site because in addition to being interesting...you are also very honest and vulnerable. Typical Christian! I say that last in a mock disgusted way, but it's just faux mockery. I would have to know you better to mock in seriousness. I like to mock my close friends though. They seem to like it...almost be crippled by it...but crippled in a laughing good way.

5.) I just saw the movie Open Water. The last scene is one of the most moving in cinematic history. Makes me so very sad, and wonder who God is. I feel like slipping beneath the surface lately, because I got some very chilling news about my past, and my future. The sharks are bumping me beneath the surface.

6.) The "maybe I will date you," and much of the rest of this post, is only to be polemical, to make fireants appear in your panties, for that is my way...and the way of my people.

7.) They are friendly fireants. More likely to massage than bite.

8.) Number 7 was yet another provocateurish thingy as my people would have me be, do, may...make...make your future. Be the ball Danny. Is that clear?

9.) But I might still date you.

10.) Love,

Me

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home