My So-Called Life

Thursday, December 02, 2004

God is God, and I am not

After talking to one of my best friends tonight, I realize what a heavy burden love is. True love wants what is best for its object, even if that means pain or struggle or heartbreak. And sometimes that’s exactly what it means.

I understand, once again, what it means to wrestle in prayer. I cannot make an important and possibly life-altering decision for this friend; she has to make it for herself, which means it is out of my small and inept hands. Praise God that it is not out of His! I realize that His help alone will allow her to make the right decision, and that my frustration at her inability to have done so thus far stems only from my great and true love for her.

And it amazes me that while this situation bothers me and burdens me, it is a blessing, because it helps me realize how deep my love for her truly is. And how much deeper and more true God's love is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home