My So-Called Life

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Excerpt from an email to Gina:

It has been an interesting day at the clinic.  This morning, one of the guys in the rehab program–who has the habit of winking and staring at me (I hear he flirts with the girls who are there on Wed. as well, but I've never seen it firsthand)–came in asking for vitamins.  When I brought him some, he was all, "Oh, thank you, you're WONDERFUL, God bless you," while looking deeply into my eyes.  He acted like I had just found the cure for cancer instead of pouring some vitamins into a small paper envelope.  Just gotta laugh sometimes.
 
One of the guys we saw for the first time today was pretty interesting as well.  He told me all about how the FBI implanted a tracking device in one of his fingers while he slept in a shelter (because he had served 17 years in prison) and stuff like that.  The lady sitting beside him as he got his feet done made the mistake of pulling her cell phone out of her pocket, at which point he yelled, "Don't point that thing at me!  Don't point any electrical devices at me!"  He then picked up his jacket and used it as a shield between himself and her.  We just tried to get him out of the clinic ASAP.  I rarely have a dull day here!

So it's off to the elementary school tomorrow. The fun never ends here in California!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home