My So-Called Life

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It's My Party. . .

Tomorrow is my birthday. (Consider this your reminder.) It doesn’t feel like it, though. That could be because I have always known my birthday to be about a month after the end of the school year. And because I am away from my family and friends.

I’m taking the day off, though, and have a few options for birthday activities: (1) visit an art museum in San Fran, (2) rent DVDs and watch them on our laptop in my PJs, (3) visit a quaint little town just a bus ride away or (4) sleep late and then do either (1), (2) or (3).

I just got out the chocolate pie recipe for one of my roommates to use to make my birthday “cake.” Thus far in our apartment, the flavor of the birthday cake has been up to the cake-maker. Not so this time! I made very clear what I wanted, even down to writing down the needed ingredients on our shopping list. Yep, I want you to know that it’s my birthday and that we’re doing things MY way. Happy birthday to me!

I am sad to report, however, that I’m coming down with what looks to be a nasty cold, and am afraid that I’ll be sick on my birthday. Oakland hates me. So far today I have consumed two liters of water, three cups of tea and about eighteen cough drops in an effort to nip this thing in the bud. We’ll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger A. Lo said...

Happy, Sarah? This one's for you!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah P said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's your birthday! You're 23!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!
Now, when you're dating, the GUYS can say, "Whoo, remember when I dated that old chick?"
HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY ONE!!!!!
How long til Texas?
We've got an extra bedroom with fancy sheets if you want to head this way.
Miss you!
HAPPY HAPPY 23RD!
LOVE
Sarah P

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home