My So-Called Life

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Poll

So I had some bad experiences on coming back to CA from Albuquerque, and I’m stuck in that “What am I doing here besides wasting minutes/hours/days/months of my life that I will never get back?” mood, which leaves me all depressed and stuffing my face with whatever I can find.

And makes me even more committed to doing something after I finish my time here to signify that I am FREE and it is over. I have always wanted to get my nose pierced, but that might impede my search for a “real” job when my time here is up. And I have considered tattoos, but don’t really know where I could get one that wouldn't: (1) impede the job search, (2) stretch into something stupid-looking when I get pregnant and/or fat or (3) hurt like hell because it’s on a really bony part of my body.

Yael suggested getting my belly button pierced, but I’m not so sure about that. I had a friend in college who had hers pierced and it seemed to get infected a lot. (And I purposely left out her name because she is now married to a "Man of God" and might not appreciate it, but I think that's pretty funny.) Anyway, she can correct me if I'm wrong.

And I’m not cutting my hair because I did that BEFORE I came here, and it’s hecka annoying to grow it out.

So, I ask YOU, faithful blog readers, what should I do to signify my freedom from MY (besides dancing and throwing a party)? Any good suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah P said...

Abby Lowe Hoe,
As the wife of the "man of God" (who feels quite honored to be referenced in your blog I must add)... After I changed from the cheap belly button barbell that was used when I got it pierced in South America to a higher quality metal ring, it healed up nice.
PS--The "man of God" thinks it's hot.
Love you!
Sarah

9:21 PM  
Blogger A. Lo said...

So what's your opinion on barbells vs. hoops? I'm leaning toward a hoop. (I can get the piercing and the jewelry for $40 at a nice, clean place, which I find impressive.)

So if I get my belly button pierced, will that attract me my very own "Man of God?" Well, actually, I'd rather have a Godly Man. I want to stay as far away from those ministers/missionaries/preachers as possible.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Hi. Godly man here. Not necessarily a "man of God" in the sence you speak, I guess. My paycheck doesn't come from donations, but yet prying the money out of the hands of the wealthy and land owning, kicking and screaming. (I teach public school.) My wife went on a retreat with a bunch of women and came back with the cutest little butterfly tatoo on her shoulder. It was hot, but it was fake. As cool as my wife is the idea of pain sends her into convulsions. But if you're down with the temporary pain idea the shoulder is inconspicuous and fatty enough to be less painful. And an utterly cute part as well. Hope that helps.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home