My So-Called Life

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

No title. Just read.

So here’s what I’ve been thinking about lately:

First, I’m either coming down with a cold or my sinuses are rebelling against the changes in weather we’ve had here recently (read: it actually RAINED on Sunday). Either way, I can only breathe out of one nostril. But get this, it’s the SAME nostril. All the time. It never changes. Usually it goes from one to the other, but this is the same one all the time, which means that I effectively look like I’ve been crying with only HALF my face. Mmmm, attractive.

Second, I never thought people other than those I know personally would want to read my blog. I mean, who else would care about my life (see above). But apparently I was wrong. That’s sort of weird when you think about it.

Third, I’ve gotten hooked on Related, my new WB show of choice. Last night, Rose (the youngest sister) had to pick between the hot bad-boy and the adorable best friend. Of COURSE she chose the bad boy (not only is it more dramatic, but that’s just what women do. . .stupid women). But that’s not the point here. The point is that the adorable best friend had been in love with her since they met, but had not made a move until recently. Which begs the question: can men and women be “just friends?” Is it possible to have a purely platonic relationship with a member of the opposite sex if both of you are single (or even if you aren’t)? I really would like to know your opinion; I myself go back and forth on this one.

And fourth, how cute is Kim? I mean, really. She updates her blog often enough that it keeps me looking busy when there’s nothing to do, and for that I am eternally grateful.

2 Comments:

Blogger FeedingYourMind said...

HA! Everytime when I update my blog I have in mind my dear friends who are stuck sitting in their newly found career offices bored outta their minds. ;) What can I say...i'm out to serve others! ;)

Anyways...as for the cold/sinus issues...yeah...I think mine are a little messed up right now too....I mean we got rain....I think my body/sinuses were so confused by it they wanted to strip down to being naked when I was outside because they thought it was shower time... Oh well... ;)

Yeah, I actually think it is cool to get comments from "random" people who come across my blog. HA! I suppose the somewhat "weird" part is all these people who I do know, that read my blog, but they REFUSE to ever leave a comment because they don't want me to know that they read my blog. What's funny is...I normally know! ;) Nice, huh?!? ;)

Finally....boys and girls friends. I don't know. I'm not really good on this subject because I really don't have any guy friends actually. Well ones that I'm all that close to, I mean. I would like to think a guy and a girl could be strictly friends, but I don't know. I know of people who are guy and girl and just are friends, but the guy is gay. That's an interesting piece of information if you think about it then. So, unless the guy is not attracted to the female gender, is it difficult for him to be able to be strictly "friends" with a girl? Hmmm....

9:34 AM  
Blogger A. Lo said...

Bryan, you crack me up. I wish you would update your blog more often!

I think you missed your calling in life; I think you should be the next Dave Barry. And now's your chance, since he's apparently "retired" from the business (unless he's like Cher and "retires" about 800 times).

But really, I found your comments to be insightful yet humorous. THIS is why I need guy friends--to clue me in on crap like this. Except apparently I can't have any unless they find me wholly unatractive. And that seems like a lose-lose.

That means that right now I'm in the market for gay guy friends. Where can I get some of those?

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home