My So-Called Life

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Are you there, God? It's me, Abby.

Ruth and I found out today that one of our favorite guys in the rehab program might be leaving. . .by the end of this week.

It’s a long story; he can’t stay in the program and collect some government money at the same time, so he’s choosing the money; he’s hoping to use it to support himself while he goes to school. He’s not in the program because of any substance abuse problems but more because of depression and stuff like that.

And I’m sad, because this choice will mean that he will have no place to stay for two weeks, possibly more. And the amount of money that he’ll be collecting isn’t that much. And he’ll be gone from the program and out of my life. . .and he’s the only guy there who I really have a connection with. Guess I’m grieving a little; I'm really bummed.

He’s scared and stressed and wondering if he’s making the right decision. Ruth doesn’t think he is. I think that if he stayed in the program he wouldn’t be happy because he’d always be thinking about the money that he passed up.

So I don’t have the answer, and the thought of him leaving is sad. Please keep him in your prayers.

And I’m so tired of everything. I love my roommates, they’re great, but I’m tired of not having any personal space and having to be with them and all emotionally vulnerable all the time (while knowing I have to be positive and that some of the things I’m feeling I can’t discuss with my team members).

This would be a great time for you to swoop in and fix some stuff, God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home