My So-Called Life

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Short Story

I just had something short that I wanted to post. I have lots of other things I should tell you, like how I broke up my first fight at school today, how I meet so many interesting people when they ask me for money on the street, a guy on the street who sang about my “ugly ass,” etc., etc.

But I would like to tell you quickly about a “Sabbath experience” I had on Monday. I was down in Chinatown shopping for a Christmas present for one of my teammates (we exchanged names) when I saw three of our regulars from the clinic.

They all gave me hugs and we talked for a few minutes about when I would be at the clinic next, where Ruth was and so forth, when one of the guys, Sam, decided to give me a list of things he wanted from the clinic when he next visited. This list included socks and other regular items, until he told me that he needed “Undawears because my butthole is COLD!”

Yes, kids, that’s right. This is my life: talking with homeless men about the state of their buttholes. How did I get here?

Be sure to stay tuned. Maybe next time I’ll tell you about the time the first grade teacher I work with wrote the word CRAP on the board. Or about my ugly ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home