My So-Called Life

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Help my unbelief!

Willie, one of my favorite regulars at the clinic, and I were just talking about life (like we always do) and about the human lifespan. He says women can live to be 120, but men’s lifespans are 10 years shorter, and that you have to learn and get wisdom every day until then, that every day is required to get there. I asked him if he wanted to live to be 110 and he said yes. I was surprised; I mean, he sleeps downtown in a sleeping bag and has been homeless for 30 years. But then he told me why: because God has been good to him up till now, and when he gets to 110, he can say, “He’s been good to me every day.”

Wow. What faith. A man who has been homeless for 30 years can say that God has been good to him every day. Do I say that? Do I believe it? What a puny faith I have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home